Five Minute Friday: Visit

It’s Five Minute Friday time!! Today’s word prompt: Visit

Ready. Set. Go.

\\

I don’t want to simply visit with Jesus. I want to remain in His company. Dwell in His house. Linger in His love. Grow roots where He plants me, nourished by His ever-flowing stream of living water.

We go and visit a loved one. Pack a bag (or two, okay, three) and stay for a few days. When the visit is over, we repack and head home. We have good memories in our hearts, but life picks back up right where we left it.

I want Jesus to be my home. I want to unpack my bags (and baggage) and take up permanent resident with the Maker and Creator of life. The One who has my heart, who holds my dreams, who knows me inside and out.

I want Jesus to be my home. Click To Tweet

God wants the same.

There have been times where I’ve gone about my day not even realizing I’ve hardly spent any time (I mean real quality time) with God.

Do you ever wonder if He misses us when we do this?

I think HeΒ does. I believe as we frantically scuttle about our busy lives, He’s just waiting, waiting for us to lift our eyes to Him who calms the storm.

And when we do, I imagine a giant smile spreading over our Heavenly Daddy’s face.

Go to Him now, not just for a visit but for eternity.

1. Tara

May 26, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Permanent residence with the creator…..yes! Amen! I’m over in the #3 spot this week.

1. Mandy

May 26, 2017 at 9:56 pm

😊😊 Glad you stopped by, Tara!

2. Esther

May 26, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Mandy, your words were used to stir up a longing in my own heart, “I want Jesus to be my home. I want to unpack my bags (and baggage) and take up permanent resident with the Maker and Creator of life.” Yes. Yes. And Yes again.

1. Mandy

May 26, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Glad we could encourage one another, Esther! I’m so happy you were my neighbor today ❀️

3. Mary Hood

May 27, 2017 at 12:47 am

Love this! He is a permanent visitor, we also should be with him! Happy to visit you! #48

1. Mandy

May 28, 2017 at 11:09 am

He is indeed, Mary! Thanks for visiting πŸ™‚

4. Andrew Budek-Schmeisser

May 27, 2017 at 5:52 am

Oh, Mandy! I want Jesus to be my home, too.

And I agree that He misses us when we are ‘away’; far more than we can ever know.

#1 at FMF this week.

1. Mandy

May 28, 2017 at 11:12 am

‘Better is one day in Your house than a thousand elsewhere’ <3
      Happy to hear from you, Andrew!

5. Alice Nine

May 27, 2017 at 1:28 pm

“Go to Him now, not just for a visit but for eternity.” Your words made me think of something my dad wrote in a Bible he gave me before I went to college: “This book is good not just for the life to come but for this life now.” And put with your words… this morning I thought, if only we could grasp the seamlessness of our life now and our life yet to come. I drifted away a bit from your theme… but thank you for stirring my heart. “Visit”-ing from spot 5 at FMF this week.

1. Mandy

May 28, 2017 at 11:16 am

Thank you, Alice, for sharing your father’s words! How encouraging and true! I am truly blessed by your comment and so very happy you were touched <3

6. Jeannie Prinsen

May 27, 2017 at 4:01 pm

This is beautiful. So true – God wants to dwell in us, and us in Him, at all times. I really like that thought of God missing us when we are “away” from Him.

So nice to connect with you at FMF and on Twitter this week.
    Jeannie (#20 spot this week)

1. Mandy

May 28, 2017 at 11:17 am

Hi Jeannie! Happy to connect with you as well and look forward to hearing more from you πŸ™‚ Thank you for visiting!

7. Lesley

May 28, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Yes, I don’t want to just visit Jesus, but to dwell in him and know him dwelling in me. I love Psalm 91 and all the beautiful things it promises when we do.

1. Mandy

May 30, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Amen, Lesley! Thanks for reaching out <3

8. Cheryl

June 1, 2017 at 4:32 am

“I want Jesus to be my home.” That’s my heart’s desire. I need him to help me. That phrase makes me think of a booklet I was given a long time ago called “My Heart Christ’s Home.”

1. Mandy