Five Minute Friday: Future

It’s Five Minute Friday time!! Click here to join the fun. You know the drill…set the timer and…go!!

God is so good!

I wanted to create a new banner with a verse, but I was unsure of which verse to use. I picked up my Bible and immediately felt lead to Proverbs 31, and there it was…today’s word prompt.

It’s not a coincidence that this happened, though some might see it that way. God orchestrates the moments in our lives with beauty and grace and love. He knows what we need, and when we need it.

He never leaves us nor forsakes us.

The future can be a scary thing. I worry about my children, finances, security, and all the negative happenings that are destroying our world. But in this moment, becauseΒ of this sweet direction from the Lord, I remember that He is in control.

Some days I wish I could peer into upcoming seasons, but what a gift God gives us by remaining in the present. Let us not be so concerned with jumping ahead and enjoy the time we have now.

I can “laugh without fear of the future” by living this way: trusting God with today, keeping my eyes locked on the One who lights my path, and believing in the hope of eternity.

Though I don’t know what the future holds, I do know that with God as my guide it will be good because He sees me and He knows me.

What is one way you can “laugh without fear of the future” today?

With lots of love,

1. Carolina Hinojosa-Cisneros

June 2, 2017 at 8:24 pm

I can laugh at the fear by accepting, with grace, the call to love my family first. Love your heart and this post. Thank you!

1. Mandy

June 2, 2017 at 8:41 pm

I love that, Carolina! 😘

2. Liz

June 2, 2017 at 8:48 pm

You reminded me of the words from ‘Lead, kindly Light’:
    ‘I do not ask to see the distant scene, one step enough for me’.
    Thank you.
    (Your FMF Neighbour #58)

1. Mandy

June 2, 2017 at 10:44 pm

Oh, I like that, Liz! Glad we were neighbors today πŸ™‚

3. Lesley

June 2, 2017 at 10:06 pm

It can be scary to look to the future and wonder what it holds. I like this verse- it helps to remember that we can laugh and enjoy good times while we have them and that we don’t need to fear the future because even if there are hard and painful times God will be with us and help us through. Hope you have a great weekend!

1. Mandy

June 2, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Yes we can, Lesley! God wants us free from fear; in His arms, we are safe. You too <3

4. Alice Nine

June 2, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Thanks for your thoughts; I love “what a gift God gives us by remaining in the present.” Reminds me of Jesus’ words in Matthew 6:25-34. -Alice at #61 at FMF.

1. Mandy

June 3, 2017 at 1:39 am

Great passage, Alice! So glad you’re here 😊

5. Amy Boydm

June 3, 2017 at 12:19 am

Hi Mandy! I’m so glad God knows us. He knows that we are mere mortals and could not possibly handle knowing the future! Lol. Such a good and all-knowing God we serve.

1. Mandy

June 3, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Me too, Amy! Glad to meet you today πŸ™‚

6. Esther

June 3, 2017 at 1:30 am

I appreciate your encouraging words, Mandy. I think one of the ways I can “laugh at the future without fear” is to follow the instruction in Proverbs 23:17-18 (HCSB), “Don’t let your heart envy sinners; instead, always fear the LORD. For then you will have a future, and your hope will never fade.” Blessings.

1. Mandy

June 3, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Oh, Esther, I love that verse! Thank you for sharing. xoxo.

7. Mandy

June 3, 2017 at 1:40 am

Amen, Amy!

8. Andrew Budek-Schmeisser

June 3, 2017 at 5:19 am

Great post, Mandy. I figure God made the world round so we can’t see too far down the road.

I can’t really laugh at the future without fear; my illness is scary, and there’s just no denying the fear – which is certain in knowledge – that tomorrow’s gonna hurt. But I figure God is right with me, and that He’s scared too, for me…because He loves me.

#1 at FMF this week.

1. Mandy

June 3, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Clever thinking to the world being made round, Andrew…tucked into pocket πŸ™‚ He does love you! I wish I could offer the right words of comfort, but sometimes there are none. But I can say that though we don’t have all the answers, God does and one day we will be with Him, removed from all pain and fear and heartache. Until that day, friend. xoxo.

9. Miccah

June 5, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Whew, the future is really scary to me now that my girl has turned one. How much time will God allow me to have with her? Thinking about the answer to that question can cripple me sometimes. Laughing is often the farthest thing from my soul when I think about the future. Thank you for this verse, Mandy! xoxo

1. Mandy

June 5, 2017 at 2:44 pm

I think that is the most frightful thing…my kids and their future. I just want them safe and happy. But I can’t protect them always. I have to trust that they are God’s and He has plans for them. Love on that sweet baby, friend!! They grow too fast!!

10. Tara L Ulrich

June 6, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Laugh without fear of the future…trying to cling to those words. I recently had to leave a job I loved. As one of my farewell gifts, one of my sweet ladies gifted me a necklace from Avon. It has this very verse on it: “She is clothed with dignity and strength and laughs without fear of the future.” I’m in the 96 spot this week.

1. Mandy

June 6, 2017 at 8:01 pm

I’m sorry for the job loss, Tara. When one door closes…
      That is so cool about the necklace. I call that God’s sacred echo…what a blessing. xoxo.

Comments are closed.