Is There a Place Here for Me?

I walked through the large double-door entryway, straight into the hotel lobby with butterflies fluttering about in my tummy. Would I know where to go? Would I have anyone to sit with? Is there a place here for me? Should I have even come?

Attending She Speaks was a dream placed on my heart years ago when I decided to step out in faith and start blogging. Little did I know at the time, this dream would become a reality.

As I stood in the busy lobby, finding my bearings, I was filled with excitement—and fear; the same fear that strikes every time I take one step closer in the direction I feel God is leading.

Glancing at the faces of the other women attending, I noticed some had the same deer-in-a-headlight look that I did. Were they as nervous as I was?

I saw a woman sitting alone at breakfast, and decided to be brave and ask if I could join. She said yes, and we became instant friends. We talked for a long time, and I began to feel God’s peace fill my soul.

Thank the Lord for friends, y’all!

I felt more at ease, but one moment, in particular, confirmed I was in the right place. It was during a networking group session. A woman in our group kept her responses very short, and she had a far away look in her eyes. All of a sudden she started apologizing for her behavior saying she felt under attack.

Right then and there, we stopped what we were doing, laid hands on the woman, and began praying over her. One by one, the women prayed fiercely.

Our place is where ever God is, and God was in that room.

There’s much to remember from She Speaks, and I’m hoping not to forget any of it. But I know, without a doubt, I won’t be forgetting that beautiful moment. I won’t forget the faces of the women in our random but purposeful group. I won’t forget the urgency heard in every voice as we prayed for our sister in Christ.

These women, this opportunity wasn’t anything to fear. They all came just as I had—with a dream in their heart and a desire to please God.

When was a time you have felt out of place?

Heavenly Father, help us to remember the enemies tactics. He doesn’t want us to advance. He doesn’t want us to share the gospel with others. His aim is to keep us discouraged, so we have no desire to encourage those around us. Our place is with You and wherever You are leading us to. Give us the courage and the strength to continue in Your will. Amen.

With lots of love,

Sharing today’s post with Five Minute Friday.

1. Lesley

August 11, 2017 at 4:51 pm

I’m glad you had a good time at She Speaks and that you were able to make new friends and pray together for that lady. I love how God can bring us together- despite our fears and worries about whether we’ll fit in we are all his children, that “our place is wherever God is.”
    I’ve been reflecting on starting blogging in my post and I remember my fears that I was out of place or wouldn’t fit in. I had no idea I’d find such a lovely, welcoming community here.

1. Mandy

August 12, 2017 at 12:59 am

Exactly, Lesley, we are all His children. I often do feel out of place, but I’m starting to come out of my shell and it feels amazing. I loved reading a little more of how you came to blogging, Lesley, the freedom you found in “the spacious place.”

2. Lureta

August 11, 2017 at 4:55 pm

How wonderful it is when we learn to stand with each other as sisters in Christ. When we can come together lifting each other up in love and prayer! I believe miracles happen!
    Thanks for the encouragement Mandy.

1. Mandy

August 12, 2017 at 12:55 am

I’m so thankful to have you as a sister in Christ, Lureta! Thank you for your love and support. And I believe you’re right–through our prayers and seeking God’s will; miracles can happen.

3. jenniferandes2014

August 11, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Beautiful post! I wish we could have spent more time together there. Love your heart and passion for God!

1. Mandy

August 12, 2017 at 12:51 am

Hey Jennifer!! Aw, thanks. I wish we could have as well. But I see you doing your video blog and am so proud of you!! I hope to participate if you do another challenge. Be brave, friend. God is doing mighty things through you.

4. Carolina Hinojosa-Cisneros

August 11, 2017 at 5:09 pm

What a blessing you are. And what a beautiful post. I love this. Loving your heart for Jesus and how you are his hands and feet no matter where you are. #place

1. Mandy

August 12, 2017 at 12:49 am

Thank you for the kind words, Carolina. I treasure our friendship…talk about a blessing 🙂

5. Tara

August 11, 2017 at 10:22 pm

I love how God works. So glad you were blessed by this experience.

6. Christina Hubbard

August 12, 2017 at 3:50 am

Mandy, I’m so glad you got to go to She Speaks and find your place. More importantly, you helped others to discover theirs! That’s what place is, giving our beating heart to another to hold and feel grounded. Beautiful. God’s gonna do great stuff from those experiences.

Comments are closed.